Get the latest hotel updates, book your next meeting and be the first to know about special events at Mountain Shadows.
Reopening in 2017, Mountain Shadows was the original benchmark for desert luxury and distinctive design. Sitting below Camelback Mountain in the prestigious town of Paradise Valley, the resort re-emerges with a bold, indefinable energy that brings the past to the future and the outside in. With mid-century modern style where form follows thoughtful function, a breathtaking backdrop, guestrooms blending comfort and luxury, serene spaces and revitalizing amenities that leave an impression, Mountain Shadows lingers in your memory long after your visit.
- 183 guestrooms, some with patios and balconies
- One presidential suite facing Camelback Mountain
- Executive golf course
- Two 25-foot swimming pools with poolside cabanas
- Fitness center & juice bar
- One full-service restaurant & bar
- Sunken living room
- Retail/shopping center
- Stunning mountain and desert views
- Modern, open-concept design throughout
From the creative mind of renowned Chef Charles Wiley, Hearth 61 features fresh, organic cuisine in an innovative space. The light fare emphasizes clean eating with vegetables and whole grains through original yet traditional dishes. Highlighted by stunning scenery, the restaurant itself is a stunning achievement, with a display kitchen, butterfly ceiling, tranquil water feature and abundant natural light.
- Glass-enclosed display kitchen
- Wood-burning oven
- Bar with unobstructed views all around
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- Outdoor patio
- Calming water feature
- Service to living room lounge area
- Local, organic ingredients for clean eating
- Seasonal menus
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Weekend brunch with Bloody Mary bar
Meetings & Events
Revitalize your functions in a bold, beautiful space. From a grand ballroom to intimate boardrooms, your next event will encapsulate an impalpable energy that moves and delights your guests. Glass walls expose sweeping views and natural light while unparalleled service and state-of-the-art technology offer attendees a comfortable space to work, socialize and innovate in modern luxury.
- 4,500-square-foot Paradise Ballroom with 3,700-square-foot Paradise Patio and Camelback Mountain views
- 1,100-square-foot Valley Room
- 4,300 square feet of pre-function space for the Paradise Ballroom
- Collection of meeting and boardrooms ranging from 300-1,000 square feet
- 3,550-square-foot Hearth 61 restaurant with 2,444-square-foot Hearth 61 Restaurant Patio
- 1,125-square-foot Hearth Bar
- 2,250-square-foot Living Room with 560-square-foot Living Room Terrace
- 433-square-foot Private Living Room
- 4,000-square-foot Camelback Overlook outdoor event deck with built-in service bar
- 3,800-square-foot Mountain Shadows Lawn North
- 1,600-square-foot Mountain Shadows Lawn South with ceremony site
- 7,600 square feet of pool deck
- 1,900-square-foot Rusty's Patio
Situated among 34 acres of rolling greens and beautiful succulents, The Short Course at Mountain Shadows features a fun, quick par-3 course designed by Forrest Richardson. Forrest, protégé of the original Mountain Shadows golf course designer Jack Snyder, breathes new life into the course and brings a unique story to every hole. The Short Course’s distinctive design features a betting hole and putting green, while the restaurant Rusty’s extends good times on the course into good times over food and drinks.
- 18-hole, par-54 course designed by Forrest Richardson, ASGCA
- 34 acres
- Optional betting hole
- Putting and practice green
- Rusty’s restaurant and bar with outdoor seating and private event space
Pool & Fitness
Dive into luxury as you bask in the cool shadows of Camelback Mountain. The Reservoir features two sparkling pools connected by an over-water walkway, a fitness center with yoga and cycle center and refreshing juice bar. Take time to reconnect with yourself while relaxing in a cabana or taking a group fitness class. The dramatic views and world-class facilities of the fitness center evoke a serene yet dynamic harmony that unfolds for one fleeting moment of pure bliss.
- Two 25-yard pools
- Transitional waterfall
- Six private cabanas available to rent
- Food and beverage service
- Dramatic 360-degree views
- Two spacious Jacuzzis
- 5,000-square-foot fitness facility with Pre-Cor equipment and yoga & cycle area
- Individual and group classes
- Guided hiking
- Juice bar
Start your forever in style. Situated in Paradise Valley, Mountain Shadows provides a unique and picturesque location for your wedding day. Camelback and Mummy Mountains, desert flora and unmatched sunsets surround the boutique resort. The venue itself is just as vibrant and fashionable and features ballrooms with glass walls opening up to lovely outdoor terraces. Hold your reception on our 4,000-square-foot event deck or enjoy a more intimate affair in our private living room. It’s your day, so you can customize your experience however you wish at a beautiful, luxury venue like no other in the area.