Opening in 2017, Mountain Shadows is the original benchmark of desert luxury and distinctive design. Sitting below Camelback Mountain in the prestigious town of Paradise Valley, the boutique property’s bold, indefinable energy draws you in and invites you to discover a truly unique destination. Inspired by 1950s modernism and a breathtaking backdrop, Mountain Shadows offers genuine hospitality, revitalizing amenities and guestrooms that blend comfort with luxury. Serene spaces and stunning views linger in your memory long after you visit.
- 183 guestrooms, some with patios and balconies
- One presidential suite facing Camelback Mountain
- The Short Course par-3 golf course
- Two 75-foot swimming pools with poolside cabanas
- The Citizens Club fitness center & juice bar
- Hearth ’61, open kitchen, bar and living room
- Sunken living room
- PV Mercantile: locally curated retail
- Stunning mountain and desert views
- Modern, open-concept design throughout
Hearth '61 believes in ingredient-driven cuisine made with time-honored flavor pairings and cooking styles rich in tradition. We let the ingredients inspire creativity and serve up seasonal fare that’s delightful in its simplicity. We embody the notion of authentic, honest cuisine and cook from the heart. Take in the gorgeous desert scenery with glass walls and a large patio that invites the outside in. Admire the open kitchen, unimpaired views across the oval-shaped bar and thoughtful design details.
- Seasonal, American cuisine
- Responsibly sourced fresh meat and seafood
- Organic and local ingredients
- Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- A minimal and contemporary design amplifies the natural beauty of Paradise Valley
- Floor-to-ceiling windows let in abundant natural light
- Outdoor patio overlooks the pool
- Glass-encased, above-ground wine cellar with tasting area inside
- 360-degree view bar allows guests to fully experience the space and the scenery
- Living room, across from the bar, encourages guests to gather in a casual atmosphere while enjoying food and cocktails
Meetings & Events
Your meetings and events will never feel the same after experiencing this rare setting. From a grand ballroom to intimate boardrooms, your next event will encapsulate an impalpable energy that moves and delights your guests. Glass walls expose sweeping views of Camelback and Mummy Mountains and natural light, while unparalleled service and the latest tech offer attendees a comfortable space to work, socialize and innovate in modern luxury.
- 4,500 sq. ft. Paradise Ballroom with a 3,700 sq. ft. terrace and Camelback Mountain views
- 1,100 sq. ft. Valley Room
- 4,300 sq. ft. of pre-function space for Paradise Ballroom
- Collection of meeting and boardrooms ranging from 300–1,000 sq. ft.
- 3,550 sq. ft. Hearth '61 restaurant with a 2,444 sq. ft. terrace
- 1,125 sq. ft. bar at Hearth '61
- 2,250 sq. ft. living room lounge with a 560 sq. ft. terrace
- 433 sq. ft. private living room
- 4,000 sq. ft. Camelback Overlook event deck with built-in service bar
- 3,800 sq. ft. Mountain Shadows Lawn North
- 1,600 sq. ft. Mountain Shadows Lawn South with ceremony site
- 7,600 sq. ft. deck at The Citizens Club pool
- 1,900 sq. ft. Rusty's patio and lounge
Book your 2017 meeting or event today
The Short Course Golf
The Short Course is a delightful par-3 golf course, relatively quick and fun to play. The elegant design and layout challenges experienced golfers to control their distance and swing, while beginners can bump along each hole on wide-open greens. While the course itself is a joy to play, it’s the breathtaking views of Camelback and Mummy Mountains, along with the scenic desert surroundings, that make the course a true destination. Rusty’s patio and lounge extends good times on the course to good times over food and drinks.
- Par-3, 18-hole course with optional wager hole
- An approximate 90-minute delightful romp
- 34 acres: 13.5 total turf, 19 naturalized area, 2.6 greens, 1.1 tees, 1 pond area
- 30,000 cubic yards
- TifDwarf greens turf
- Smallest green: Number 5 — 3,400 sq. ft.
- Largest green: Numbers 13–14, 17,000 sq. ft.
- 18 bunkers
- Course designer, Forrest Richardson, ASGCA
- Original course designer in 1961, Jack Snyder, ASGCA
- Beautiful desert landscape unwinds from every hole
- Views of Camelback and Mummy Mountains from the course
- Overnight guests have preferred access to Camelback Golf Club
- Rusty’s patio and lounge with outdoor seating and private event space
Sign up for more information
The Citizens Club
Gather, socialize and refocus your mental and physical health. Relax by the pool, rest in the cabanas, take inspiring views, sip on organic juices and find your center in our premier fitness facility, all while basking in a stunning Southwest paradise.
- Two 75 ft. pools
- Transitional waterfall
- Six private cabanas available to rent
- Poolside food and beverage service
- Dramatic 360-degree views
- 5,000 sq. ft. facility
- Precor machine equipment
- TRX suspension trainer
- Juice bar with fresh fruit and healthy snacks
- Individual and group classes
- Guided hiking
- Yoga/cycle center
Start your forever in style. Situated in Paradise Valley, Mountain Shadows provides a unique and picturesque location for your wedding day. Stunning views of Camelback and Mummy Mountains, desert flora and unmatched sunsets surround the boutique property. The venue itself is just as vibrant and fashionable and features ballrooms with glass walls opening up to lovely outdoor terraces. Hold your reception on our 4,000 sq. ft. Camelback Overlook deck, or enjoy a more intimate affair in our private living room. It’s your day, so you may customize your experience however you wish at a beautiful, luxury venue like no other in the area.
Sign up for exclusive news and specials
Watch Our Latest Progress
Photos and camera angles update approximately every five minutes.